CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Family...

I have a very exciting post today :)
Yesterday morning I was able to meet my Uncle Stan and Aunt Geri on a layover they had here!! I haven't seen them in FOREVER!!
John wasn't able to get off of work but me and the boys (I took them late to school) met them and had breakfast at the airport. It was amazing! He is my Dad's brother and they are exactly alike. They look exactly alike, they act the same, walk the same, talk the same and just are identical in most ways. So aside of it being just awesome to see them again, I get a taste of my Dad at the same time. For those who don't know my Dad died when I was 15. And it has been so long that I forget what he sounded like or what mannerisms he had, so when I see my Uncle Stan... it all comes flooding back, along with the tears. But.... happy tears. I cried like a little baby when I saw them and hugged him.
We spent the time at breakfast chatting and catching up on other family members, making sure everyones doing great. He played with my boys as I imagine my Dad would have. Teasing and messing around. They had these little rubber airplanes and he was flicking them off the table and the boys would just giggle and go get them. Hopefully they don't think my children are unruly, they were obnoxious!!! ha ha ha. Having just so much fun talking and playing with them and non stop!
I just can't wait to see them again. We are going to come visit them down in San Diego very soon hopefully. I have a feeling he'll be taking on a new daughter. It was just so great seeing them that I can't wait to be able to spend more time with them. We had about an hour at breakfast and it just wasn't enough!
I love you guys and am so glad we got some time together.

1 comments:

Mr&MrsOtero said...

you made me tear up just reading this post! xoxo